Friday, September 29, 2017

12 things you should learn as a Muslim student in the University


السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
12 things you should learn as a Muslim student in the university.
How is your studying going so far ? 
Probably shouldn't ask this question. 😂 
Okay pardon me, but we're all back to Uni. since sometime, Right? 
So Here you are some of the most helpful tips that I've learnt during my first two years of University and I think that you should too. 



1- Start your day after Fajr prayer. 
I know that it might be hard at the beginning (depending on when is Fajr at your country) but you will be used to it because it's a Sunnah of our prophet PPBUH and he said " بارك الله لِأُمتي في بكورها"  
Which means "Allah has blessed the early mornings of my Ummah" 
So whether your classes start at 8,9 or 11 you're a commuter or not a commuter, just sleep early and wake up at Fajr. 

2- Don't stop reading the Qur'an or learning about Islam just because you're busy. 
It's a huge mistake actually, Balance your day, you can find time for what you think is important, so make it a priority of yours, I usually listen to Islamic lectures or read Qur'an while commuting, so I kill some commuting time and I'm more likely to do it everyday because in associated to an everyday habit of mine. 

3- Learn to be patient. 
Ask Allah to grant you patience while dealing with people, because you're gonna meet a huge variety of people and some of them are gonna try their best to let you show your worst, so do your best to keep your calm and remind yourself that you are a model for your religion, you reflect what it teaches you and Islam doesn't teach us anger of course. learn to be patient with people no matter what they say or ask and seek refuge in Allah 

4- Find some time between your classes to pray. 
And by that I mean : Be mindful of the prayer times and know when is the best time to pray without missing any important stuff nor missing the prayer of course, and remember to go and pray. 


5- Be Ready to Pray in places that aren't made for praying. 
You're gonna be at the campus having your lectures, attending your labs or whatever you will be doing and it'll be time for Duhr or Asr prayer and you need to pray, but the mosque is really far, or in my case, my campus has a mosque Alhamdu lillah, but it's no where near my department. so what I do is that I find an empty classroom or sometimes even a laboratory where nobody is working in at that time, and ask the person responsible for that place if I can pray in it and I tell  them that it's not gonna take much time but actually any empty place will do so Enjoy praying on the roof. 😂 

6- Carry a prayer mat always. 
This tip is necessary for the first tip, I have this pocket prayer mat which is very thin and light, so I can just carry it in my bag and it makes no problem, try to buy a one, it's very cheap, or you can even make a one yourself you'll only need a thin piece of cloth. 

7- Wear shoes that can be easily taken off and wide sleeved clothes. 
Strange tip, Right? 
Well it's just for the sake of making Wuduu before prayer, because sometimes you'll be spending a lot of time at the campus with no much time in between your lectures and you will need to make wuduu without getting all of your clothes wet. 

8- Make wuduu just before you get out of your home/dorm. 
So at least you won't have to make wuduu for the first prayer on campus. 

9- Wear comfortable clothes (a.k.a. Abaya). 
I don't think that I'm the only girl who thinks that wide long Abayas are the most comfortable thing that you can wear for long days outside the house, personally I  don't like the ones which are open from the front with a belt on the waist because who am I kidding? it doesn't become as modest as it's supposed to be and it's really  
As annoying during the windy autumns, for university I prefer a simple old styled Abaya but I also own some Abayas which aren't necessarily black. 


10- Hijab pins, hair ties & a mirror are a necessity. 
Don't tell me that you have never got out of the home with a certain hijab style only to come back with a different style.😂 It has happened to me enough times to make me check my hijab every once in while when I'm not at home and usually a pin will be missing so I always have hijab pins in my small emergency purse and of course a little mirror too. 

11-Finding the under hijab hairstyle that works for you is a thing ! 
It shouldn't be so tight that it gives you headache, nor should it be so loose that it will let your hair be cranky and get out of your hijab. 

12- pack your lunch and remember to bring it with you. 
When you make your own food, it will be healthier, cleaner and you'll make sure that all the ingredients are halal. 
But if you can't prepare your own food, you should do the only thing that is left which is asking about the ingredients included in your meal and know how it's prepared. 

And that is it, I hope you've enjoyed
plz remember me in your duaa because I'm writing this post at the dentist's waiting for my turn. (not kidding)


No comments:

Post a Comment